Proof Positive® Span Cable
Agriculture’s Best Defense Against Copper Theft.
Theft of copper cable is on the rise due to global demand and increasing scrap value. Thieves target copper from a variety of sources, including unattended irrigation pivots. Stolen span cable immediately cuts power to the pivot and scheduled irrigation stops. Some estimates reflect 30,000 span cable thefts annually in the U.S., costing $40 million to replace. The challenge to stopping this trend? Proving ownership of stolen span cable to aid in prosecution.
The Solution: Proof Positive Span Cable
Proof Positive Span Cable is a traceable, theft deterrent span cable that provides Ag dealers and farmers with proof of ownership of their cable:
- Marker tape contains TraceID codes unique to every three inches.
- Upon sale, ownership data is entered in an online database (www.2IDCU.com) accessible to recyclers & law enforcement.
- Bright yellow outer jacket covering and marking provides a visual alert for recyclers and thieves that this is ‘that traceable cable’.
- Recyclers can enter TraceID codes into a database to confirm ownership of suspected stolen cable.
- Law enforcement has physical proof for prosecution.
- Want proof? See the effectiveness of Proof Positive by checking out this case study>>
Who Benefits from Proof Positive Span Cable?
- Ag Dealers & Farmers: Provides a less costly alternative to video surveillance, spray on tracking, or other alternatives; may also reduce insurance premiums.
- Recyclers: Makes it easier to identify stolen cable and take action.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: Provides the hard proof needed to prosecute criminals.
How Proof Positive Span Cable Works
An Ag dealer places an order for a reel of Proof Positive.
During the manufacturing process, the license code, a serial number unique to every three inches, and website URL are printed on a marker tape that is included with the cable assembly.
When the reel is ready to ship from Paige to the purchaser, the license code, serial numbers, and purchasing information are stored to identify the rightful owner of each foot of cable sold. The Ag distributer/dealer repeats this process when he/she re-sells any length to a dealer/farmer so the chain of ownership is complete.
The farmer receives and installs Proof Positive as they would any standard span cable.
If the cable is later stolen from a pivot, it will likely turn up at a recycler. The recycler, who is familiar with Proof Positive instantly recognizes the outer jacket, locates the marker tape and enters the license code and serial number into (www.2IDCU.com) to find out the rightful owner. Many states have laws or regulations prohibiting recyclers from purchasing burned wire, so this would immediately raise suspicion if the outer jacket was missing.
If the cable is confirmed not to be the property of the person attempting to recycle it, law enforcement is notified, the thief is prosecuted, and one more criminal is removed from the streets.
Recommendation: Proof Positive Span Cable can also be purchased as part of our Complete Theft Deterrent Solution package.
Order Proof Positive Span Cable Today! Call Julie Bushell at 928.282.2783, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and put a stop to copper theft!