Wire & Cables
Wire & Cable
SureSeal® 600V URD
SURESEAL QUADRUPLEX 600V SECONDARY URD | SPEC P7328D-SURESEAL-AG
|INSULATION:||Cross-Linked Polyethylene with SureSeal® Visco-Elastic|
Used for secondary distribution and underground service at 600 volts or less, either direct burial or in ducts, in areas with rough soil types where damage can occur during installation and areas where self-healing cable is beneficial. Provides the best self sealing cable design and materials for installations that are problematic due to lightning strikes, gophers, shovels or any installation damage.
Conductors are stranded, compressed 1350-H16/H26 aluminum, insulated with bonded inner and outer layers of ruggedized cross-linked polyethylene. A visco-elastic sealant is strategically placed in the channels between the inner and outer layer. This cable design allows for cleaner stripping, more uniform sealant disbursement in the cable, and the same or better shrinkback performance when compared with standard cable. Available in sizes AWG 4 through AWG 4/0 with 80 mils total insulation thickness. Also available in sizes 250 kcmil through 500 kcmil with 80 mils insulation thickness per ICEA and UL. The neutral conductor contains three yellow extruded stripes and sequential footage markers. A quadruplex construction consist of three phase conductors and one neutral. Conductors are durably surface printed for identification.
Paige SureSeal Quadruplex 600 volt secondary UD cable meets or exceeds the following applicable specifications:
- B-609 Aluminum 1350 Round Wire, Annealed and Intermediate Tempers, for Electrical Purposes.
- B-231 Aluminum 1350 Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded.
- B-786 19-Wire Combination Unilay-Stranded Aluminum 1350 Conductors for Subsequent Insulation.
- B-901 Compressed Round Stranded Aluminum Conductors Using Single Input Wire.
Paige SureSeal Quadruplex 600 volt secondary UD cable meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of UL standard 854 for Type USE-2.
SureSeal® Visco-Elastic Sealant
- It self seals against pin holes and cuts blocking moisture from entering the cable.
- It saves time and money previously spent locating faults, digging up failed cable, ordering and installing replacement cable.
- It prevents corrosion and maintains electrical reliability.
- It protects against rodents, shovels, rocks and installation damage.
- It protects against lightning.
- It installs exactly the same way as conventional direct burial cables.
- It’s sealant never hardens or drips.